Over recent weeks we have been keeping a close eye on Covid19 and the various changes in the rules and regulations concerning large gatherings indoors. Our hope was that the Back on Track, Dancing with Heroes Ball could go ahead safely as planned so we consulted many experts before making a decision…rather than acting hastily, or out of panic.
Sadly, and following extensive discussions with our own teams and the Landmark Hotel, we have made the very tough decision to postpone Dancing with Heroes yet again.
We are as disappointed as you. Our 2019 Ball was a huge hit, and we excitedly made plans for the next one, so when we had to cancel the 2020 Ball, it was sad, but not entirely unexpected due to the severity of the pandemic at that stage, but to have to change the date yet again is heart-wrenching.
- Our priority is to protect all guests, performers and our event teams.
- The authorities are encouraging event organisers to move an event if at all possible, as social distancing has been shown to help delay the spread of the virus, particularly during the winter season to protect the vulnerable, as well as the NHS.
- Current government advice is to self-quarantine for 7 days for any person who has a temperature or a new cough. We want to help people to be able to do this, without fear of missing out on our wonderful event and, hopefully, by next year the virus will be passed the peak.
- We are also aware that entertainers who would be performing at the Ball may have needed to drop out should they develop a fever or cough, which would mean we couldn’t offer our guests the first-class event they are expecting.
- The government rules are changing all the time, but we did not want to have to cancel at very short notice as this would be a huge inconvenience for us all.
Dancing with Heroes will now take place on Saturday 27th November 2022. Come and join